Monday, February 2, 2009

Light and Day

Five hours of each and every Monday this semester is spent doing research, and it becomes a transition between the light of day and the darkness of night. I feel slightly fearful by the fact that at 1:00, I see a beautiful day with the sun up high in the sky, and then quickly ending with the sun falling into the sixth hour as I walk home seeing mud just rimming my loafers. It's a transition between two phases; it's a question to think about: Did I get enough done during the daytime? that I'm allowed to progress into the next phase of the day? Am I allowed this privilege?

Maybe I'm too worried about wasting time spending the five hours in one place, but then again, it could rather be five hours staring at a computer screen doing nothing instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment